|Posted by God Loves Women on April 23, 2012 at 10:55 AM|
Yesterday I wrote a blog sharing my horror at my children's school introducing a "Battle of the Sexes". You can read it here.
So today I sent a letter to the Headteacher, the reading teacher, the Chair of the Governors and the Equality and Diversity team at the County Council, you can read the letter here.
I recieved a call this afternoon inviting me to meet with the Headteacher at 3pm, which I agreed to do. I went to the school expecting to potentially have a fight on my hands, but actually that was not the case!!! The Headteacher was utterly apologetic and acknowledged that the scheme had been thought about only from an educational point of view, missing out on the wider issues. He thanked me for raising concerns and said that the teacher responsible for reading was quite upset at having not thought through the implications I had now raised.
He explained that the scheme was being cancelled immediately, that the children would be spoken to at Wednesdays assembly and that he would include details of the scheme's termination in the parent newsletter on Friday. He also said that the letter I had written was the best he had ever recieved from a parent!
So let us always remember that if we are passionate and persevere, we can make a difference!!